1. Participants must be at least 18 years old.
2. Fondation Jean Lapointe (hereinafter “FJL”) staff and directors may acquire items. These purchases are made for strictly personal purposes.
PARTICIPATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3. Anyone who wishes to bid on an Auction item must first complete the online registration form, then indicate (by ticking a box at the bottom of the form) that he or she will comply with these rules (hereinafter “the Rules”) and will pay for the item, should he or she place the winning bid.
4. Once the registration and commitment form has been submitted, participants will receive by SMS a personal user ID allowing them to bid on the various items offered.
5. The auction begins on November 7, 2016 at 10:00 AM and ends on November 25, 2016 at 13:30 PM, Quebec time (Eastern Daylight Time – on our server), as per the clock on the auction website.
6. To bid, you must be connected, go to the page of the item on which you want to bid and click on the bid button. A minimum highest bid will be proposed. Bids are non-retractable and each click equals a minimum bid. FJL cannot cancel participants’ bids.
AWARDING OF ITEMS AND PAYMENT TIMEFRAME
7. When bidding closes, the last bid placed by a participant will determine the purchase price of the item.
8. The Participant who submitted the highest bid will be informed by SMS of the item(s) he or she has won within minutes of the close of bidding. Then the participant will be invited to proceed to payment directly online. If the winning participant decides to pay by cheque, he will have 30 days to pay for his or her prize(s).
9. Should the winning participant fail to pay by the deadline, the Fondation will follow up by telephone with the winning participant. FJL also reserves the right to offer each unpaid item to the participant who placed the next highest bid. Moreover, FJL reserves the right to take the appropriate legal remedies to collect the amounts due.
10. The payment deadline will be extended only for exceptional reasons and if the winning participant makes a written commitment to pay for the item(s) won in the auction.
PROVISIONS COMMON TO ALL ITEMS
CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE AND PAYMENT DEFAULT
11. Upon receipt of confirmation of payment from its financial institution, FJL will contact the winning participant to remit the prize. Note that the participant can pass at the FJL’s office between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM monday to friday or send a courrier to recuperate his or her prize(s). FJL does not pay or do any deliveries.
12. Should the purchase transaction be declined, a member of FJL staff will contact the winning participant in order to obtain the information required for payment or to agree upon new payment methods. In the event of payment default, FJL reserves the right to use the appropriate legal remedies in order to collect the amounts due.
13. The items sold in the auction cannot be exchanged or reimbursed and no compensation or other indemnity will be awarded.
14. The donor (or sponsor) of an item remains solely responsible for the description of the item offered and for providing it to the winning participant, in this case, the participant who placed the highest bid. The donor (or sponsor) of an item releases FJL of any liability for the item offered.
15. Participants will take possession of the items as per the specific terms and conditions on the descriptive page of each item. For some large or very valuable items, a FJL representative will contact the winning participant to agree on special methods for package delivery. Items will be delivered in the month after winning participants have paid for their purchases (unless another timeframe is stipulated in the item description).
Note that the participant can pass at the FJL office between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM monday to friday or send a courrier to recuperate his or her prize(s). FJL does not pay or do any deliveries.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE AUCTION PROCESS
16. The Fondation will make every effort to ensure the auction is not interrupted or suspended, but it cannot guarantee it. Should the auction be interrupted or suspended because of a technical problem with the equipment, programs, computer software, Internet network or the unforeseeable circumstances of a power failure or other, FJL will take the necessary measures to get the auction back online as soon as possible to make sure the auction is continuous to the scheduled closing date and time, i.e., November 25, 2016 at 13:30 PM, Quebec time.
17. Any message received by a participant or posted on the auction site before the official closing of the auction on November 25, 2016 at 13:30 PM, Quebec time, confirming that an item has been awarded, will constitute a computer system error resulting for example from a suspension or interruption of the auction and will not be considered final by the auction.
18. Participants are responsible for checking that the auction is back online, in the event of a computer error, interruption or suspension, in order to follow the auction process until the closing date and time for bids, i.e., November 25, 2016 at 13:30 PM, Quebec time.
19. In the event of force majeure, FJL reserves the right to close and withdraw the auction without other formality, without awarding items and without incurring liability for damages resulting from these circumstances.
FJL retains the personal information you provide to us according to An Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information (RSQ, chapter A-2.1).
Personal information is confidential and secure. The information in this form is communicated to the financial institution, where the communication of this information is directly related to and necessary for ensuring the applicable rules for credit card payment are properly applied.
Personal information is always retained in the strictest confidentiality; it is not given, sold or otherwise communicated to another organization.